Tuesday, September 22, 2009

.:I'm not looking for the rest of your life I just want another chance to live:.

Watching the rain water hit the ground outside is one of my life's simple pleasures. That's a "hot tea" kind of moment, where you take in the slow pace, allow yourself to be observant and contemplative, and breathe gently with the earth, even with gratitude and humility.

The last few weeks have been somewhat of a whirlwind for me as I was getting ready for my first ever fashion show that went really well, even according to my standards and my fallen expectations, and now tomorrow morning I will be setting off to be there for my brother as he takes his beautiful, patient, fun-loving bride. I will most likely look back on this month as one of the most emotional ones I've ever experienced, and I mean that positively. It certainly characterizes how life changes and how I really can grow up without a fight.

I cannot help but miss the rainy days in Europe on a day like today. In Thailand, the rain is one of the most amazing things because it feels so much cooler after it rains and the people seem nicer and happier than before. But for some reason, even though that is true and the symbolism of how this type of precipitation can have such a powerful effect on people's lives, I still think of the rain in Europe. There's just something about the way it falls, where it falls, that I couldn't get enough of it.

Gina and I went to a tea house called Koriente one rainy afternoon. We sat by the window and I wrote a little bit. I particularly enjoyed watching the cars drive by, seeing the rain drops on the window run to catch each other on the way down, and I really loved the light of the day outside where it was overcast but still very bright and yellow. I saw a snail outside and I was sure that someone would murder it if I didn't go rescue it. It had a beautiful shell when I saw it up close, and I was happy to save it, even if it was bound for the sidewalk immediately afterward. I love how rain brings out the worms and the snails to play with. Maybe my inner 5 year old will always be attracted to the rain simply for that reason.

No comments: