Friday, March 13, 2009

.:I'm not looking for the rest of your life I just want another chance to live:.

It has been raining for a few days here, and I love it. I feel like I need this weather because it's the kind of mood that several friends and I have been in lately, so it's as if this is the universe's perfect response to our brokenheartedness. While this is true, some of us have been laughing together again in a way that we have realized we have missed. It's nice to come back to that. I have missed genuine laughter in my life, it seems.

I'm sitting at Summer Moon on South 1st, which is right across the street from where I will be moving in just over a month. I can almost see my patio from where I am seated. I have a very calm feeling about it today, and that's the first time I've felt peace more than nostalgia. I'm already detaching myself from the East side, and it makes me somewhat remorseful. I love my neighborhood so much, but I must do this for financial reasons. I just hope my friends don't forget about me.

Friend, don't forget about me, ok?

1 comment:

Scratch Coffee said...

Ohh, S. First, you'll love that neighborhood too. At least, I loved living between there and Congress. THe neighbors were so cool. I'm happy for you! There is a whole new world of neat stuff to explore on the South side. You'll be close to Whole Foods, my favorite part of Town Lake, and close to the sketchy Chuck-E-Cheese~