Sunday, June 7, 2009

.:I shouldn't be wearin' white and you can't afford no ring:.

Where do I even begin? It's been almost a month since I've written anything and even longer since I've written anything meaningful. I dare warn you, this will not be meaningful, as most of what I write surely does not fall into that category.

My new apartment is really lovely. I enjoy just being here, and I like the fact that I have created an environment for myself. I got a "fortune," if you will, on my birthday from the yoga instructor that said "sculpt your environment." This has been on my mind ever since, and as I was looking around last night, it came to me that I've arrived. It's really nice.

Since flying completely solo, I have gone through my bouts with depression, naturally, and worrying. I had some sort of anxiety for a little while that I was afraid I would never shake, but once I started talking about it, my nerves got a lot better. That is, except for the fact that my new job is now soon to be my old job. Sadly, the economy has forced my favorite place of employment in the history of my job holdings to close its doors at the end of the month. For this, I am super sad. What am I to do?

I am a survivor. I've figured my way out of rough situations a time or two, so I know I'll make it. I have wonderful friends and family who encourage me and look out for me, so I'm fairly confident won't end up homeless or anything. If I do, I'll be sure to have a really funny sign and a really huge jar for my shoe addiction.

No comments: