Monday, November 10, 2008

.:Papa's got a brand new bag:.

Honestly, I live such an interesting life. Strange things happen to me all the time, along with the random, the unpleasant, the unsettling, and the awesome. Yesterday, I was delighted to find that the song I was singing to myself in the car was actually on the radio just as I turned it on. Those times in my life are what I live for.

Today, I was quite annoyed with some aspects of the world. I got numerous phone calls within minutes of each other from credit card companies wanting to speak to the "owner of SavannahRed." "You've got me," I would reply. Begin schpeel. Enter interruption - "I'm sorry, this is the 5th call I've received in the past hour, and I would like all of you to know I'm not interested and never call me again." I wanted to say things like, "Your company should burn in hell," but I didn't. After I gave part of my interruption speech, one guy said, "Isn't that amazing?" And I said, "No, it's ANNOYING! DON'T CALL ME EVER AGAIN!" Then my head explodes like a fembot.

I don't usually get that angry, but this was absurd.


Today, I made my lettuce wraps for Gina. They were incredible! It has been over a year since I made them, and we didn't skip a beat until they were all gone. Here's the recipe:

Sauce:
2 tbls oil
2.5 tbls red curry paste
3/4 cup crushed peanuts
2.5 tbls sweetener of choice (brown sugar is best, but I used Splenda)
1 cup light coconut milk
1/2 cup water
salt
fresh limes

Wraps:
green leaf lettuce
chopped carrots
bean sprouts
peanuts/cashews
basil
mint
chicken
fresh limes
soy sauce

For sauce, heat oil first. Throw in the red curry paste and sautee briefly. Put in the coconut milk, sweetener, and peanuts, adding a little bit of salt and lime juice to taste. Let simmer 10-15 minutes. Let it cool down before indulging in its goodness.

Cut the chicken into small pieces and cook it in soy sauce and little bit of fresh lime juice.

To assemble, be creative!

No comments: