Wednesday, October 22, 2008

.:You are what you love and not what loves you back:.

Parental invasion begins tomorrow, and I'm quite excited. However, I am quite stressed just a bit because my mom decided to mail 6 gigantic boxes of fabric to me a week or 2 ago, and the contents are occupying my living room. It's overwhelming, and I don't have much time to organize it. Actually, I have no time at all.

In my preparations so far, I have made tea (sweetened with Splenda), washed my sheets and my duvet cover, and separated their souvenirs from Europe. That's not too bad, right? Oh, I did some laundry, too. I also hung up the "Bienvenidos: Mi Casa Es Tu Casa" sign my mom bought me during her last visit. I have a sweet little Mommy. I put together this shelf for my storage closet, too. I'm terrible at organizing. I need some help when it comes to organizing my own stuff. Any takers?


I just found out last night that I have Halloween off. I wasn't expecting that, and now I have to choose between which parties I would like to attend. It could turn out as Thanksgiving did last year where I went to 4 parties/gatherings, but I think I would like to stick to 1 or 2. We're having one at my house, apparently, so that may be where I end up. Who knows. I have decided, though, that I will try to be Betty Boop. I get to make my costume! This will prove to be interesting, to say the very least.


I have never in my life eaten so many frozen dinners. I used to be against them, but lately, I haven't had time to cook, and I haven't had the money to eat out. It seemed like my only option, but I resent this option. It feels so fake and lazy. I don't want to be fake and lazy. Frozen dinners are like Guitar Hero/Rock Band - they are the paint by numbers of music, so frozen dinners are the paint by numbers of food. Jesus Christ, save me. I do not want this fate!


I finally got to go to Maker Faire on Sunday. I skipped Vox to go, and I'm glad I did because it was really fun to see the cool things that people can do with their creativity. I enjoyed seeing the sea creature orchestra that was playing from the top of some dude's car. Trust me. It was cool. I networked a little bit, saw a lot of people I knew, and felt the vibe of people trying to make a living off of what they're able to do. It was inspiring. Also, some of the vendors had little set-ups where you could learn to weave, make greeting cards out of cereal boxes and stamps, learn how to crochet with plastic bags, and put together your own felt. It was super neato. (I miss using the word "neato." It's very 80's, yeah?) My only wish is that I hadn't gotten so frustrated afterward when I went to work. It was outrageous how pissed off I was. Blair made me take another 10 after I had just taken one 30 minutes prior. I decided I would lie in the grass in front of my car - that's how enraged I was. It was ridiculous. The next night, I felt the same way again, though. Strange times I'm dealing with right now. I'm sure it will get better at some point. At least, I hope it will.

No comments: